|The Cathedral on the
citadel hill of Meissen is a pure sacred building of the Mid-Gothic, evenif its steeple
topis from the beginning of this century.
The construction was begun about 1240, the Prince`s Chapel with the tombplates from Vischer`s foundry in Nürnberg was built out about 1430.
Founder figures from the Nürnberg workshop from about 1260 can also be found here, as well as the triptych "Mourning of Jesus Christ" by Lucas Cranach the Elder.
Princes´ Chapelis one of the most famous burial places of the Wettin family.
7, 01662 Meissen
© IS-Wodniok 03.09.14